Information we will need if you are selling:
- A copy of the Contract of Purchase and Sale (through your realtor if you used one or directly from you if it is a private deal)
- Your forwarding address and phone number
- Your current address, e-mail, fax and phone numbers
- Copy of your most recent mortgage statement
- The name and phone number of your realtor
- Information regarding any existing tenants, if any
- Surveyor’s Certificate, if one is available
- Two pieces of identification, one must be photo ID
Closing Steps (Sale)
- Step 1 – Contact our office as soon as you have an accepted Contract of Purchase and Sale and have removed all subjects to avoid rush fees. Let your realtor know that you are using our office for your transaction. If you are not using a realtor, you must provide us with a copy of your Contract.
- Step 2 – We will need to gather information from you regarding your existing mortgage and any existing tenants in the property. We will also ask you for the Surveyor’s Certificate for the property if you have one.
- Step 3 – We conduct a title search and obtain tax information and order a mortgage payout statement from your lender.
- Step 4 – The buyer’s notary public or lawyer prepares the closing documents, so we must receive those documents before we can prepare our Order to Pay and arrange for your appointment.
- Step 5 – 2 – 5 days before closing is when we usually meet with you to sign the sale transfer documents.
- Step 6 – We will return the signed documents to the buyer’s notary public or lawyer on undertakings for them to register the transfer and mortgage documents and provide us with the sale proceeds on completion. The documents are generally provided to the buyer’s representative on their undertakings to: not register the documents until they are in receipt of the balance of funds required by the buyer to complete and that upon registration and their receipt of mortgage proceeds (if any) they will forward the net sale proceeds to our office.
- Step 7 – We will contact you when we have a cheque for the net sale proceeds ready for you to pick up, or mail out your bank receipt from directly depositing your sale proceeds.
- Step 8 – Your realtor will make arrangements with you to pass along the house keys on the Possession Date as set out in the Contract of Purchase and Sale.